It's official. I am shaving my head. Well, shaving it only if my students at school can meet a hefty goal. Let me explain . . .
The P.E. teacher, Coach Bear, and I are trying to earn money for P.E. and music equipment, instruments etc. We came up with a fundraiser sure to raise a lot of $$$$$. We are selling raffle tickets for a chance to cut our hair! Students, or anyone, can purchase tickets and write their name on it. Their tickets are entered into the drawing. The week before Thanksgiving break we will draw four tickets. Those winners will help us cut/shave our hair during an all-school assembly. Two will cut Coach Bear's hair and two will cut mine. (After they "help" us cut our hair, we'll have someone who knows what they are doing to clean it up so it looks like a professional job.)
We are selling the tickets for $0.25 each and they can buy as many as they want. Obviously the more they buy the better their chance to be the lucky winner.
I will only cut my hair if 4,000 tickets are sold. With 565 kids in the school that shouldn't be too hard. 500 kids buy 8 tickets, that's 4,000 sold. You can do the math. If they reach this goal then Coach Bear and I will cut our hair. I will shave my hair to 1 inch. If we sell 6,000 then I will shave it to 1/2 inch. If they meet 8,000 tickets then I will shave it to 1/4" .... almost skin bald but not so.
For Coach Bear, the two that get to cut his hair have the option of deciding how it gets cut. They can choose to shave it all off, to shave a mohawk or something else silly.
I am excited but I also can't believe I am doing this . . . again. For those of you who know me and remember, I shaved my head for the kids about 8 years ago at another school where I worked. This time it's for money. It's exciting because we are essential earning money to purchase needed supplies to better the kids' learn environment in music and physical education classes. This is so important.
But it's more than earning money. We will also donate our hair to Locks of Love. That makes me feel good about doing this. :)
Jen, you have a big heart to do this...not a lot of people would sacrifice all their locks for the good cause of instruments! I wish PARENTS and SCHOOL SYSTEMS could look at this act and see how important programs are that unfortunately is lacking funds and support. Don't get me started...anyways, i applaud this and just know you will be a beautiful hairless woman! Bravo!
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome!! I bet the kids love you!!!! What school do you teach at?
ReplyDeleteI work at Roosevelt Elementary, Nampa Idaho
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome for doing this!! But may I take your family pictures before you do?? :D
ReplyDelete