Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hair Cutting Assembly

In an earlier post I explained about how our the PE teacher and I were starting a fundraiser for raffle tickets for kids to purchase in hopes to win the chance of cutting our hair.We also planned to donate our hair to Locks of Love. We had our assembly Thursday.  Also, my picture was in the local paper with a small blurb next to it. I tried to find it online but couldn't. I suppose I could scan it later and post it. It's just the back of my head with my hair in braids showing the kids sitting in the background. It was cool.

Here are photos from the event. It was fun!












Before, Middle, and After:

Hair has been sent off to Locks of Love, money has been earned to help pay for PE equipment and music instruments . . .
but most of all . . .
Many of the students want to grow their hair out and donate their hair to help other children get hair pieces. That is awesome.



2 comments:

  1. Man your hair was LONG before! You have always looked cute with long or short hair. Way to go. What a fun thing that I will NEVER be brave enough to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brave and so darn cute!!! Love ya! Thanks for being such a good example of selflessness!

    ReplyDelete