Now a funny about me: So, while I was on facebook and typing the previous post early this morning, I should have been in church! Our church time in 2008 was 11:00 a.m. It changed in January to 9:00. So, I set my alarm last night at 9:30 like last year, but I woke up before my alarm went off, 7:30, irritated that I couldn't sleep in, thinking I had plenty of time to get ready for church. So I got on the computer. Then Solomon wakes up and comes to me and says "Don't we have church?" I said, "Not yet, we have time before we have to get ready". Continued on the computer, heard Jerricho wake up, got him out of bed. Then, Solomon told me he didn't want to go to church because he felt sick. I took his temperature (at 9:00 a.m.). Just as I finished taking it, and telling him he does have a temp. and he can stay home, Andrew comes out laughing at me. (Andrew just waking up). He said, "Jen, it's 9:00" AHHH, I just realized that church was at nine. I'm still in my pj's. So what's the big deal aside from just missing church??? Well, I CONDUCT the music for the first meeting - sacrament meeting! Totally missed my job. Didn't plan on this so I had no sub for me. I can't believe I did this! I'm not going today. By the time I get ready, sacrament meeting will be over, and I don't want to show my face right now! So embarassed. That means the music started, and someone had to get up and conduct for me! Everyone in the congregation knowing I'm not there and obviously thinking I am very irresponsible for not getting a sub.
I still can't get over this. I had all the time in the world this morning to get up, and I thought church was later. Even last night I thought so because I set my alarm for later.
Andrew is not going to let me live this one down I'm sure! I even facebooked about how irritated I was that I couldn't sleep in when I had the chance to.
That was awesome Jen! I am always worried that I am going to miss church, So I am the other extreme! I am gald you blogged it! Thanks for sharing. I hope your little one feels better!
ReplyDeleteLOL!! So funny and so embarrassing. Oh-well, we all make stupid mistakes. Sorry you've got a sick kid, hopefully its just something minor.
ReplyDeleteToo funny! I'm sure that the members probably didn't think much of it since there are usually so many people who can step up and direct if needed. Unless your ward is short on conductors! Maybe that is a class you can offer to teach- how to direct music!
ReplyDeleteI remember in 5th grade when you were so good at playing Fur Elis. funny the things we DO remember!