My boys are characters.
Solomon - On day we were walking down the hallway at my school (he goes to the same school I teach at). Everyone seems to know who he is. Mr. Popular. The other day I saw him walking in the hallway ahead of me and Solomon passed a 5th grader and say "Yo man, what's up" and flashed him a peace sign (you know, at the chest) and gave him a head nod. The 5th grader did it back and gave him a high five. Funny because I can't believe that he did that. He's only in 2nd grade. Even more unbelieble . . .
My boss, his principal told me the following story. Let's see if I can explain it well and give it any justice: First of all, Solomon is very comfortable at my school, for obvious reasons -- his mom works there and he's there a lot. Well, Solomon walks into the principals office one time and sees all the pennants he has up. There are all different teams - football, baseball, hockey. Solomon points to the Greenbay Packers pennant and says so confidently "That has got to go. That should not be up. Why do you have it up there?" The principal said, "Well, my boss likes the Greenbay Packers so I thought I would impress him with that." "No, not good enough, it's got to go" Solomon replies. Solomon begins to walk out of the office, turns back around to the principal and one more time says "Cover it up or hide it, it's gotta go fast!"
When the principal told me the story, he explained that 2nd grader Solomon made him feel like he was the student in trouble and Solomon was the boss. He thought it was so funny. I was going to apologize on behalf of my child, thinking he was being a bit disrespectful, but my boss said "wow, I wish I was that confident when I was a kid". So what did we do that weekend? Solomon insisted that we buy a Seahawk pennant to give him. We did. He brought it in the next Monday, and gave it to him. The principal laughed. It is now hanging up in his office -- NOT covering the Greenbay Packers. (I think Solomon also mentioned that the Steelers needed to go as well).
Jerricho -- We were in the car driving, listening to Michael Jackson's Thriller C.D. (Solomon's favorite right now). The song "Pretty Young Thing" came on. There is a part in the song where Micahel grunts and pants "Uh, huh huh huh". That part came on and all of a sudden we hear Jerricho laughing histerically. He thought it was SOOO funny, so every time that part repeated, we heard Jerricho laughing in his famous belly gut laugh. We kept repeating that part over and over just to hear it. We repeated it so much that Solomon was getting irritated because he wanted to hear the rest of the song. HA!
You are a true example of living life and enjoying your children. Thanks for the good example. You guys are doing so great with parenting your boys! They are very loved!
ReplyDeleteThat is the funniest story. I love it! Thanks for sharing. Your boys are so amazing, so are you Jen!
ReplyDelete