Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Trip for Dad!

Here's a few pictures of our trip. It's about time I post them!

We first drove to Seattle and visited Andrew's H.S. friend Brenda, unfortunately we didn't get pictures taken. Forgot to grab the camera I guess. Then we drove up to Camano Island to stay with my brother Brian. He and Angee were so graceous in letting us stay with them last minute.



Here's all the cousins together. From left to right: Boston, Jerricho, Solomon, Chad, Madison.











We visited a couple more of Andrew's H.S. friends, Jodi, and Sherri.









We stopped in to say hi to Andrew's sister Kim and the kids. It was very good to see her as well. Conner is growing. He's almost as tall as his mom!

That Saturday night, we traveled back down to Seattle to catch the Mariners vs. Diamondback game. That was very fun. This was the boys first professional baseball game. Mariner's won, so that made it even better!








Wouldn't you know, luck would have it, another of Andrew's H.S. friends, Jennie was there!














Right after the game we drove down to Lincoln City, OR. to visit Andrew's sister DeeDee. We did so much while we were there, but it was most precious to see Deedee again. We miss you Deedee!






















We went to the Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport, OR. That was very cool. I touched a shark and a sting ray. We say many fish, seabirds, seals and otters.











We visited the old Historic Lighthouse that is no longer in use. Then we walked down to the beach there, and flew kites. This is also the time when Jerricho lost his pants in the water as seen in the video below.











"Let's Go Fly a Kite up to the highest heights,
Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring . . ."


After our visit for a couple of days at the beach and with Deedee, we began our drive back home but stopped in Tillamook to tour the Cheese factory.















Yummy cheese, and very YUMMY ice cream. The kids liked seeing them make the cheese and the ice cream.




















We just had to stop at the falls since we were driving right by them. Gorgeous. We took the hike up and Solomon said "how beautiful".



















That concluded our trip. It was productive, and fun.
Happy Father's Day Daddy. Hoped you enjoyed seeing your friends and family, AND the game, and the coast, and everything else.

5 comments:

  1. Man, that looked like loads of fun!!! Goodness, we could have met you sowewhere while you were here. It would have been nice to see you again. oh, well, next time. I am glad you were able to visit all those fun places, we have as well. You area ll so sweet to give Andrew such a wonderful father's Day trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the falls and Tillamook Cheese is my favorite, but then I'm an Oregon girl.
    Cute photo of the boys on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH!! I love the Oregon coast!!!! I have only been there once and that was many many years ago, it was sooooooooo pretty!!!!!!! and we love Tillamook cheese!! YUM!! what a fun trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did a trip very similar to that when Alyssa was 4 and Halle 2. Alyssa threw up all over the ice cream place at Tilamook. It was awful! I think I deserve an OR coast re-do! Your pictures are great. So fun, I'm totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up on your blog. Looks like you had a great trip out to Oregon!

    ReplyDelete